You probably read my title for this post and thought, “This girl has to be lying. There is NO way cauliflower taste like chicken.” Well, you are right. I lied, but now that I have your attention l wanted to pay special respect to a vegetable that gets no love, at least not by me.
Honestly, how many times have you heard someone say their favorite vegetable is cauliflower. Cauliflower…Reeallllly. Shout out to you if cauliflower is indeed your favorite vegetable, I cant relate. I really love my veggies, but recently, I made it a personal goal of mine to try to eat more of the vegetables that I don’t like as much. Never in a day would I imagine myself eating a bowl full of cauliflower and genuinely enjoying it.
Who would have thought, all it needed was some spice. I had these for the first time at a restaurant and I kid you not, the taste resembles that of buffalo chicken. But of course, I will let you try this recipe and determine that out for yourself.
- 1 Cauliflower head
- garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of water
- buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, spray a baking pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Chop cauliflower head into small florets
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add cauliflower florets and toss to coat. Spread evenly onto cookie sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping once.
- Remove from the oven. In a separate bowl stir together melted butter and buffalo sauce. Add baked cauliflower and toss to coat. Spread evenly onto cookie sheet. Place back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes to cool down
You can enjoy these with your favorite dipping sauce or serve as a side dish.
Try it out and let me know your thoughts!
As always, stay fabulous.