I followed a pescatarian diet for 14 months and I recently transitioned back into eating meat. I wanted to try out new recipes incorporating chicken and well this happened. Made it for my friends and it was a hit. Hope you enjoy!
Chicken and Potatoes in Parmesan and Garlic Cream Sauce
- Chicken thighs ( I made 4 )
- 2 cups Baby red potatoes quartered
- Italian or complete seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Half and Half
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt pepper
- Garlic powder
- Minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves
- Half of a lemon
- 1 lime
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Basil pesto (optional)
- Season chicken with Italian or complete seasoning, salt, pepper, lime juice, paprika (you can add in whatever else you want, make it your own!)
- Put oil and 1 tbsp of butter in a pan over medium-high heat and sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown (The goal is not to cook the chicken, only sear for 4-5 min per side)
- Pull the chicken out and set on a plate. Remove excess fat in the pan, and add another tbsp of butter, minced garlic, onions, chopped potatoes, chopped tomatoes, 1tsp garlic powder and paprika and stir intermittently around for 3-5 min.
- Add about 1-1.5 cups of chicken broth and let simmer until potatoes 80% cooked.
- After add 1-1.5 cups of half and half, chopped spinach, about a quarter to half a cup of parmesan, red pepper flakes, 2 tbsp of basil pesto (optional), squeeze half of a lime and half a lemon, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together and let simmer for 2 minutes
- Add chicken back into the pan and simmer on low medium heat until chicken and potatoes fully cooked. Add more chicken broth and half and half if need be.
- Add chopped parsley to finish it off
You can remix this recipe to your liking. I enjoyed it with a side of white rice, which I highly recommend. I did not take many pictures of this meal because it was my first time making it and I wasn’t too sure what the outcome was going to be.
Let me know your thought on this recipe in the comments. Also, let me know what you prefer to see in my next recipe post. How to make risotto or pasta 3 different ways.
As Always, Stay Fabulous.
Featured image was taken from http://www.eatwell101.com/chicken-potatoes-with-garlic-parmesan-cream-sauce