I just love quick, easy, cheap meals—d
My favorite thing about this recipe is its adaptability. I have made it with both bowties and zucchini noodles. Tastes fabulous either way. Hope you enjoy!
Creamy Pesto Pasta
Prep time: 5
- 1 lb Medium Shrimp
- Pesto Sauce (Classico Brand)
- 1 Box Bowties or Zucchini Spirals
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Half Lemon wedge
- 1 tbsp margarine
- Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- Marinate shrimp with 2 tbsp of pesto sauce and paprika.
- (If using bowties) Put water to boil with salt, 1 tbsp olive oil. Add Bowties when water boils. Cook for 8-10 minutes until al dente.
- Add enough olive oil to coat the pan, and 1 tbsp of margarine. Cook shrimp on each side for 2 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan once cooked.
- Add in entire pesto sauce into the pan, and cook on medium heat until a light simmer. (If using zucchini noodles, add in after this step).
- Add in 1/2 cup of heavy cream, 1/4 a cup of parmesan, squeeze half a lemon. Mix and continue to let simmer.
- Add shrimp back into the pan and mix in with the sauce.
- Add bowties, and 1 tsp red pepper flakes. Mix it all together.
- Pour a glass of your favorite wine, plate your pasta and enjoy!
As always, stay fabulous.