For some reason, my mom has over 2 dozen chickpea cans just sitting in the pantry. So I decided to try out a recipe. I’m going to be honest, this vegetarian meatloaf tastes nothing like meat, but it is yummy :). I added things I already had at home, so you can work around the
Prep Time: 15 minutes Ready in: 45 Minutes
- 3 cans of chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 bell pepper roughly chopped (color of your choice)
- 1 habanero pepper
- Roughly chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg
- Adobo Seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- 1/2 L
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a food processor add chickpeas, quinoa, bell peppers, habanero pepper, roughly chopped carrots, and kale. Pulse a few times.
- Add in salt, adobo, lime juice, and chipotle sauce. Pulse a few times
- Add in 1 egg, panko crumbs, and Parmesan. Pulse a few times. The consistency should be very thick.
- Be sure to taste the mixture to know if it needs more salt/seasoning.
- Add to pan and coat top with a layer of ketchup
- Cook for 30-35 minutes until ketchup on top looks like a glaze.
- Let rest for another 30 – 1 hr minutes until serving.
I had this with brown rice and roasted broccoli. Enjoy!
As always, stay fabulous.