No long story for this one. I adapted this recipe from another blogger on Pinterest. Enjoy.
Ingredients (makes 4 biscuits)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick of cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup cold buttermilk,
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces and work it into the dry mixture with your hands. Pinch the pieces of butter between your finger tips. Be sure to not be too aggressive with the butter.
- Pour in the buttermilk and mix into the dry mix with your hands.
- Scoop the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently work it together with your hands.
- Pat the dough and roll it (I used a wine bottle) until thin and fold it in half. Repeat this step 2 -3 more times. The dough should be about 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut out the biscuits.
- Place the biscuits in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the biscuits on the baking sheet touching each other. Brush the top of each biscuit with a little bit of buttermilk.
- Bake at 450°F for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter.
As always, stay fabulous!