Took a step away from the stove this holiday season and whipped up a cocktail instead. This cocktail is perfect for the holidays. I adapted this recipe from pinterest and added my own twist to it. It tastes like a lighter more festive version of Haitian Kremas. This cocktail was a hit this year and I’m sure you will enjoy.
This recipie makes a full pitcher of the cocktail enough to serve 15-20 people. Adjust the amount of tequila you add as needed.
- 16 fl oz (2 cups ) your favorite silver tequila
- 8 fl oz (1 cup) grand mariner
- 2 cans of unsweetened coconut milk (be sure its not fat free or low fat 🙂 )
- 1 can (16 fl oz) of coconut water
- 3 fresh limes squeezed
- 1-2tbsp ground cinnamon
- 8-10 cinnamon sticks
- Fresh Rosemary springs
- 1 cup of sugar (I used splenda)
- frozen cranberries
- sliced lime
- Cinnamon sticks
- First you will make the rosemary simple syrup. Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar into a pan on medium heat. Toss in 1 spring of rosemary. Allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes then remove from heat. Let cool completely
- Add tequila, grand mariner, coconut milk, coconut water, lime juice, and cinnamon into a pitcher. Whisk the ingredients until the coconut milk and ground cinnamon is mixed in thoroughly.
- Add the cooled rosemary simple syrup and cinnamon sticks. (I split the cinnamon sticks in half before adding it into the mixture but that was a preference)
- Chill the drink for at least 1 hour. Be sure to mix when serving because the coconut milk may rise.
- Add crushed ice and 1 lime slice into a glass cup.
- Pour the cocktail to the rim.
- Stick 1 rosemary stick and 1 cinnamon stick on the side into the cocktail
- Sprinkle some ground cinnamon
- Add a few frozen cranberries to the top